A virtual chalkboard for my projects, doodles and fun!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Hot off the presses - Geaux Saints!

I had a large old frame that I hadn't used since I got it. It was actually a wedding present and had some vows on it. It's a HUGE frame, with a tiny opening. We got it 4 years ago and never found a place for it.  So I pulled out some Modge Podge and some momentos and went to town!




And by momentos I mean....  the front page from The Times-Picayune from when the Saints won the Super Bowl!!

I wasn't so sure about Modge Podging over such HISTORY but I thought "Hey.. what the heck!" The newspaper was just sitting in a closet. This way it's preserved forever and I can hang it on the wall!

I also cut out the state of Louisiana from my atlas. Didn't think I'll be driving from Arizona to Louisiana soon. :) Surrounded by some clearance scrap book paper and we're done.

And, yes - that's a picture with me and Drew Brees!! I stalked him at a golf tournament in Birmingham several years ago. Met him for a second and he was nice enough to take a picture with me!




Anyway, hope this inspires you to pull out something from the closet and bring it back to life. And GEAUX SAINTS!


1 comment: