A virtual chalkboard for my projects, doodles and fun!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Vacation Project



I flew to Connecticut this weekend to go to my sister-in-law's baby shower. Twins! It was so exciting and I'm happy I got to go.
Mom (Grandma!), Momma-to-be Adrienne, Me and my sister Tricia

My family and I also wanted to do what we could to help get the house ready for the babies!

I volunteered with my mom to paint two bedside tables white. They were bare wood and ready to paint.

I knew exactly what color white to get, after just finishing the vintage vanity. I went with Glidden's Muslin White in satin.

Then we went to work. A little bit of paint can really update a piece of furniture. I liked the way they looked with the white base and natural top. That would be a nice look too, but these babies were going to be all white.

So after two coats we finished them off with a slick coat of poly and they're good to go! Certainly gives them a nice feel to be finished in a crisp white. Very country, cottage, cozy feeling. :)


I look forward to my next trip to Connecticut to hold my niece and nephew for the first time! My heart overflows with joy and love!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment